It Is Not About Extremes.
You Just Need What Is Right And Fair.

Your defense options in the wake of a medical malpractice claim

On Behalf of | Mar 16, 2021 | Medical Malpractice Defense |

Choosing to help others as a professional in the Miami medical industry is a praiseworthy endeavor. When you consider how many of these professionals go on to face accusations of medical malpractice, it is a wonder that anyone chooses a health care career.

Despite the proliferation of malpractice claims, many people still choose to enter the medical profession. They often believe they can avoid malpractice claims by being extremely careful when treating patients. Unfortunately, this approach is not always enough to prevent malpractice allegations. If accusations arise, doctors, nurses and other healthcare workers will need an effective medical malpractice defense.

What are your medical malpractice defense options?

Contrary to common belief, you can mount a powerful defense against the accusations you are facing. Three ways to defend yourself include the following.

Disproving negligence

Claims of negligent actions or inactions lay at the heart of most claims. Producing records that show you did not act negligently can disprove the allegations you face.

Contributory negligence

Speaking of negligence, sometimes it is the patient who acts wrongly instead of the doctor. If a patient fails to follow your orders, he or she may be found negligent instead of you.

The Good Samaritan Act

When you render aid to someone suffering a medical emergency, it may not be wise to expect gratitude. Many people helped or saved by an off-duty medical professional go on to file a malpractice claim. Fortunately, Florida’s Good Samaritan Act can protect you from civil litigation after rendering aid.

Do not sit and hope for the claim against you to disappear. Instead, consider a proactive approach by speaking with an experienced malpractice attorney about developing a solid medical malpractice defense. Your career and reputation could be at risk otherwise.


FindLaw Network

Speak With An
Experienced Attorney